How does a doctor and their team prepare to transition from traditional clear aligner laboratories to in-office aligner manufacturing? This exciting fundamental course covers the basics to the advanced and how the author built her clinical workflows around digital technology and the ability to produce clear aligners in the office.
Come learn digital clear aligners step-by-step with a hands on workshop with Dr. Melissa Shotell, nationally known “the Alignerbee”. Dr. Shotell has been practicing digital orthodontics for years and personally has over 16 3D printers and 4 intraoral scanners at her private practice in California. She is also a Clinical Instructor at UNLV School of Dental Medicine and is the Chief Clinical Officer at Plus Orthodontics.
Participants will begin the educational journey with an online introduction prior to attending the full-day hands-on workshop focused on using digital technology for in-office clear aligners. Participants will actively participate in the design of clear aligners and the use of 3D printers.
Dr. Shotell will be presenting in-person on March 1, 2024 at the SprintRay Headquarters in Los Angeles from 8am-5pm.
Address of in-person course:
2710 Media Center Dr Suite #100A
Los Angeles, CA 90065
The class features a total of 11 hours of CE and includes 3 CE hours online and 8 CE hours in-person.
- Understand principles, theory, and procedures of intraoral scanner 3D printing for in-office clear aligners
- Exposure clinical workflows and laboratory workflows for in-office clear aligners
- Become experienced with clear aligner treatment planning software and the use of 3D printers
Online Learning Component:
Complete prior to in-person workshop (access granted immediately upon course registration)
- Chapter 1: Traditional Applications of In-Office Clear Aligners
- Chapter 2: Comparing the Process of Traditional Aligner Laboratories vs. In-Office Aligners
- Chapter 3: In-Office Workflows and Considerations Before Starting
- Chapter 4: In-Office Clear Aligners When Traditional Methods Fail
- Chapter 5: Case Presentation and Value of Branding Your Own In-Office Clear Aligners
- Chapter 6: Financial Advantages of In-Office Clear Aligners and 3D printing
Fast Track Dental
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
9/1/2022 to 8/31/2025.
Provider ID# 392479
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
In the event that a registrant needs to cancel, please contact us at least 30 days prior to the course date to receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than 30 days, but more than 15 days prior to the course date will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are provided after this date. Failure to attend the meeting without written notification will not qualify for a refund. We reserve the right to cancel the course at any time leading up to the course date. We encourage registrations to book flexible travel; we will not reimburse any flights, hotels, mileage, meals due to course postponement or cancellation.